I love words that invite me into the company of Jesus. My heart is full of song lyrics, many of which are on repeat. If my heart is going to replay the same words again and again, I try to intentionally set my “inner station” to edifying, encouraging, Jesus-focused tunes that I can trust to feed my soul. This season? It’s my very favorite! The tunes? Oh, friend. These songs lead my heart to awaken to the wonder at the manger as if I am there.
The lyrics of Christmas songs can be so heart-stirring. We can behold Him, at the manger, still today because our hearts can bow in worship to the very same God that Mary wrapped in swaddling clothes so long ago. Join me in Bethlehem? Wonder at the goodness, faithfulness, and sovereignty of our Holy Father as we reflect on the gift of Jesus. A Savior has been born to us–for us! We can behold Him: Emmanuel, God with us. Our God is with us.
I hope these songs will meet you with your hands raised to Heaven, praising His Holy name: Jesus, Emmanuel, Savior, Prince of Peace.
These tunes? They can be like a star leading us to worship Him. Close your eyes and listen to the words proclaiming His glory. He is with us.
- Christmas Offering by Paul Baloche
- I am Joseph (God is With Us) by Steven Curtis Chapman
- We Have a Savior by Hillsong
- What a Glorious Night by Sidewalk Prophets
- When Hope Came Down by Kari Jobe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day by Casting Crowns
- Not That Far from Bethlehem by Point of Grace
- Light of the World by Lauren Daigle
- For All That You Have Done by Rend Collective
- Just Another Christmas by Laura Story
- All is Well by Michael W. Smith and Carrie Underwood
- He Shall Reign Forevermore by Chris Tomlin
- O Holy Night by Sandi Patty
- Jesus Is Alive by Josh Wilson
May your heart be so near to the manger this Christmas. Jesus came for you and He is God with us. Friend, we are free because of a baby born in Bethlehem. Let us worship His Holy name. Merry Christmas.
From my wondering heart to yours,
P.S. Perhaps this will be the perfect soundtrack for your Christmas gatherings and parties! Maybe…just maybe…our hearts will focus a bit more on Jesus as we worship in His truth. Glory to God!